Docol® Tube R8 are Advanced High Strength certified steel tubes that are engineered to provide a stronger, safer, more consistent alternative to 4130 Chromoly Cold Drawn Seamless tube. This will allow you to build a faster, more consistent, longer lasting racecar that allows better utilization of tuning components.
Key Advantages of Docol®
- Stronger than 4130 by 10 to 15 percent.
- Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) is Docol® is much smaller in area, less brittle and retains better elongation than 4130 typically does.
- Docol® is much more tolerant to heavy fabrication. It does not warp and distort like 4130 and stays more relaxed in tooling and fixtures during fabrication.
- Greater resistance to fatigue.
- Docol® absorbs energy and presents a more consistent and controlled failure mode.
- Clean mill finish product - minimal, if any, surface prep required. Docol® does not have an oxide or decarb layer and looks like a high quality electric welded tube.
- Accurate and consistent dimensional and mechanical properties because this material is a rolled and welded strip.
- Compatible with welding to 4130 and mild steel components.
- Suitable for TIG and MIG welding.
- Clean "no scrap" based material.
Midwest Chassis, one of the first to offer the tightest fitting and easiest install kit available for the 93-02 F-body cars. With the proper tools and welding experience this cage kit can be installed in a single day. This is not your average kit with a pile of straight tubes and partial notches, it was derived from a custom made kit in a real car and refined for easy install by the DIY guys. CNC in-house manufacturing means consistent excellent fits and easy future updates. We now offer our 8.50 cage kits with Docol tubing instead of Chromoly. Docol is NHRA legal and has several advantages over Chromoly (listed above).
Standard 8-point cage is legal to 8.50 (1/4 mile).
8-point, Docol, 1-5/8 x .083 wall
Roll cage components are pre-bent, mild steel floor plates included
Pre-Notched Upgrade: We offer the option to have your cage CNC notched and fixture verified.
Base 8.50 kit weighs approximately 68 pounds.
NOTE- Rocker bars, dash bar, roof diagonal, roof gussets, engine bay bars, and rear X bars are not required for a basic 8.50 cert. While these items can add a little rigidity to the chassis, they are not required in a unibody car with factory floors and rocker panels in place.
NOTE- YOU MUST HAVE A WINDOW NET TO PASS TRACK TECH WITH AN 8.50 LEGAL CAGE INSTALLED.
NOTE- THIS ITEM SHIPS OVERSIZE TRUCK FREIGHT - $190 FLAT RATE TO US LOWER 48
ALL CAGE SALES ARE FINAL- NO CANCELATIONS OR REFUNDS
Please note that shipping costs & free shipping items are for the US continental 48 states only. Currently our website cannot process shipping/duties/taxes for international orders or orders outside of the US continental 48 states. We strongly suggest that these customers email email@example.com for shipping quotes prior to attempting purchase online as all refund transactions will incur an administrative/cancellation fee.